Sunday, June 3, 2012

D. Cure Rubba Ducky from Edmonton

Name: D Cure - starts with Awareness Rubba Ducky
Interests: Raising money for the cure.
Where to Find: Christmas Store on Whyte Ave (no longer in business)
Brand: Rubba Duck
Price: $7.50 Cdn

Beat breast cancer.

This week is going to be the all Rubba Duck week. I’ve never done an entire week of the same brand of rubber ducks, so hopefully you won’t be tired of Rubba Ducks by the end of the week.

There used to be a Christmas store on Whyte Ave at least 12 years ago that sold Rubba Ducks. At one point, I was paying $15.00 Canadian per Rubba Duck. They are $10.00 in the US. However, I bought most of my Rubba Ducks on sale for $7.50 from the Christmas store. Toys R Us in the US and a few in Canada used to carry them too. At Toys R Us usually an associate would dig in the back for me and I would manage to find a few. Now, I can’t find them anywhere in Canada and since their website isn’t working, I am going to guess that they are out of business.

D. Cure is from the same wave as Duck Spa. I think there were at least 10 waves the last time I was on the Rubba Duck website. She hatched on Mother’s Day. She has a pink cancer ribbon on her bum and around her neck. She has a pink hat on and is batting her eyelashes. She has eyelids too, which is rare to see on a rubber duck. Her beak is bright lipstick pink and matches the cancer ribbons. She looks like she is ready to attend a high tea or fundraiser luncheon.

Poem on her tag:

“Breast Cancer is very serious.
but the disease can be beat.

The cure starts with awareness.
then office check-ups regularly.

Let’s all come together as one family.
to show love and support
and comfort if need be.”

No comments:

Post a Comment