Thursday, March 8, 2012

Double Diamond Duck Slope Rubba Ducky

Name: Double Diamond Duck Slope Rubba Ducky
Interests: Skiing of course
Where to Find: Used to be at Toys R Us
Brand: http://www.rubbaducks.com/
Price: $9.95 Cdn


Baby Blue for you

Quite a few years ago, I started collecting these rather expensive rubber ducks called Rubba Ducks. I bought my first Rubba duck at a Christmas store on Whyte Avenue in Edmonton. It is no longer there. I was able to find these rubber ducks in Toys R Us in the United States in 2005 but I don't think Toys R Us carries them anymore. I became so addicted to this collection that I ordered quite a few of them from the website but then I had to pay an astronomical amount of duty on the ducks and they were shipped via UPS.

I have 3 Rubber Maid bins of Rubba Ducks and most of them are in their original packaging too. What is really neat about Rubba Ducks is that each one comes with its own tag and poem. Each Rubba Duck also has an interesting graphic on his or her bottom that matches his or her peronality too. I also forgot that there are quite a few Rubba Ducks with hair. Unlike Celbriducks, Rubba Ducks still look like rubber ducks.

Double Diamond Duck Slope Rubba Ducky is wearing his favorite colour-powder blue. His tail sports the double diamond symbol. The details are so matchy that even his eyes match his outfit. Check back tomorrow to meet his girlfriend.

Poem from his tag:

"There comes a peak
in every mountain steep
that a skier will seek
and is bound to defeat.

Weather condition is bleak,
numbers up, time to compete;
stand for no spills or hear of a shriek
goggles on, grip pole.
bend and leap."

No comments:

Post a Comment