Sunday, February 12, 2012

British Rubber Duck from London

Name: British Guard Ducky
Interests: Strolling through Harrods and minding the gap on the tube.
Where to Find: Tourist shop in London, England
Brand: Unknown
Price: $6.00 Euro

Royalty rubber ducks need protecting too.

I must not be the only tourist that collects rubber ducks. While my husband and I were geocaching the streets of London, we entered a tourist shop. Amongst the typical fare of the " Underground" T-shirts and candy tins with the "Mind the gap" slogan, I found 3 rubber ducks - royalty, a British bobby and a guard. It was a tough choice but I picked the royal guard. I couldn't resist his black pouffy guard hat and his perfect British coat with large gold buttons.

Looking back on it now, I wish I would have bought all three rubber ducks but it was our first stop on our 6 month trip around the world and there are always more ducks to be had. It also gives me a good excuse to go back to London. Although, if you live in London and are willing to buy them and ship them to me, I will pay you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment